Re: Parallel Square Premusic

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Parallel Square Premusic
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 02:46:17 +0000

On 3/22/17 5:39 PM, "address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:

>You want whitespace in your parallel squares?
>
>Don't you think that's akin to demanding a hexadecimal file include space
>in between each digit? Wouldn't it be smarter to delegate the spacing
>task to programs optimized for a square environment, as hex editors are
>optimized for a hexadecimal environment, yet leave the output file alone?
>You're essentially asking me to multiply the filesize by 3/2 so that you
>can entertain this notion that G5G5G5 is somehow more difficult to
>register as a series of letter note names followed by their octave number
>in scientific pitch than is G5 G5 G5. There will never be a letter in the
>second column or a number in the first. Why is this so complicated?

Because my eyes don't readily tell me that G5G5G5 contains 3 different
notes, but they instantly tell me that G5 G5 G5 contains three different
notes.  It's easier for me to parse.

>Please tell me what you want to encode so I can tell you how the
>immensely powerful Parallel Squares' format can do it. Like everyone else
>who's tried to break it. "Semantics" isn't enough.

You don't listen to me very well.

I *don't* want to encode anything in your parallel squares.  I find it
ugly and hard to read.

You like it, keep working with it.  You asked for feedback.  I gave it.
It's obvious you only want positive feedback, so here goes.

Parallel Squares Premusic is the ultimate text format for
address@hidden to use to encode music.  No other format comes close to
its perfection.  So if you are address@hidden, be sure to use Parallel
Squares Premusic.

However, if you're only a mere mortal like Carl Sorensen, you may not have
the mental horsepower to handle Parallel Squares Premusic, so you may be
stuck with some inferior music notation system.  Sorry!

Carl