Re: Partial

From: ul
Subject: Re: Partial
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 22:04:02 +0100

Am 2017-03-17 21:48, schrieb David Kastrup:
Joseph Austin <address@hidden> writes:

I've been experimenting with \partial, the command for scoring
anacrusis, and discovered some apparently undocumented features.

First of all, although I did not see it in the documentation,
the form \partial DUR*NUM, such as \partial 8*5, seems to work, where
NUM is an integer multiplying DUR.

Multipliers are an optional part of _all_ durations, so DUR*NUM would be
redundant.

This seems to be sufficient to accommodate any arbitrary anacrusis,
(except possibly partial tuplets, but I'm not sure such rhythms occur
in practice).

Multipliers can be fractions.  \partial 4*3/7 will also work.

Not at LilyPond ATM, but I'm sure \partial 12*2 will also work, amounting to 2 eight note triplets.

Urs