Re: Change beam grouping

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Change beam grouping
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2017 10:10:27 +0100

Sven Axelsson <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi list.
>
> I asked this very question way back in 2011. Time to raise it again, maybe
> there is a way to do it now. The original thread is here:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2011-09/msg00208.html
>

> This is probably in the manual, but I can't find it so I'm asking you
> all. In a sequence like
>
> { b16. b32 b32 b16. }
>
> the default is to have a beam that connects the two shortest notes,
> like the first bar in the attached image. I want the beaming so it
> always makes a beamlet point towards the corresponding dotted note, as
> in the second bar of the image.
>
> How can I set it up so this happens automatically, both in 8. 16 and
> in 16. 32 groups?

commit 05b311f14f39e5148ca93028a314a0bb2fe0dedd
Author: Carl Sorensen <address@hidden>
Date:   Wed Jan 18 13:15:20 2012 -0700

    Add option for strictBeatBeaming

    This reverts to the default behavior from 2.14 that places a higher
    priority on avoiding beamlets than on beaming to the beat.

    At the user's option, beaming can be strictly to the beat.

\new Staff \with { strictBeatBeaming = ##t }
{ b16. b32 b32 b16. }
Only documented as a context property in the internals manual, no docs
in the tutorial or reference manual.

--
David Kastrup