Re: help on note head, thanks

From: Jeffery Shivers
Subject: Re: help on note head, thanks
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2017 22:14:19 -0500

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 9:48 PM, Jinsong Zhao <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 2017/3/3 10:35, Jeffery Shivers wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 9:24 PM, Jinsong Zhao <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> In a violin score, I saw something similar to the following code, but the
>>> second voice b4 was displayed as a triangle.
>>>

>> Do you have a screenshot or small image you could attach which shows
>> the notehead you want? Was it definitely a triangle, by the way? Not a
>> diamond?
>

> I don't know that I could post image into a mailing list. Please find the
> attached small screenshot.

Hm. I studied violin for twelve years and have no idea what that
means. It could mean some harmonic technique; maybe it is that
composer's (confusing) shorthand to playing a fifth artificial with b
pressed, f# touched, sounding an octave up from that. But it makes no
sense to write it that way, so must mean something else..

> In fact, I don't know whether it was a note or not.

I would say it is definitely *some* kind of note (and not
articulation) due to the presence of a ledger line.

--

Jeffery Shivers
 jefferyshivers.com