Re: autochange and multiple voices

From: Jérôme Plût
Subject: Re: autochange and multiple voices
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 19:15:24 +0100

Decimo tertio Kalendas Februarias MMXVII scripsit Malte Meyn :

> Am 20.01.2017 um 18:39 schrieb Jérôme Plût:
> > Problem 1: why, on the third beat, is the alto voice (playing a g')
> > displayed on the "down" Staff?
>
> It doesn’t in LilyPond 2.19.53, which version are you using?

I am using 2.18.2 (last stable version according to lilypond.org, also
the version packaged by standard Linux distros).

> Do you really want to have three separate voices? If so you should try
> 2.19. The results look much better IMO.

After installing 2.19 (thanks for providing an install script -
I am still somwehat surprised that it worked out-of-the-box on my
stable Debian!), it is indeed better.