Re: Frescobaldi segfault with PyQt4-

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi segfault with PyQt4-
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 10:16:57 +0100

Hi Andrew,

> I'm wondering if anybody is having recent issues with Frescobaldi. I run
> a rolling-release distro (gentoo), so I install/update packages on an
> ongoing basis. In this case, the only package in frescobaldi's
> dependency tree that's been updated since mid-December is PyQt4, which
> just saw the final release of 4.12 this last week.
>
> Now, Frescobaldi segfaults on startup, with no error message.
>
> Can anybody else on the list report similar or differing experiences?
> Anybody else having issues?

I'm also on a rolling release distro (ArchLinux) and they recently
rolled out Python 3.6. As a consequence I had to manually reinstall some
python packages (pyly and poppler integration) that are not part of the
official repositories. After having done that all problems were gone.

Kind regards,
Michael
--
 Michael Gerdau       email: address@hidden