Re: OOoLilyPond

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: OOoLilyPond
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 04:27:12 -0700 (MST)

Klaus Blum wrote
> Hi again,
>
> recently I've done some homework...  ;-)
> I've tried to make some additions, and the result is
> OOoLilyPond-0.4.2rc1.oxt - see attached.
> OOoLilyPond-0.oxt
> <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n199060/OOoLilyPond-0.oxt>
>
> Notice: This is based on the most "recent" release
> OOoLilyPond-0.4.1rc1.oxt from 2009 which isn't on the official site, but
> you can find it here:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/ooolilypond/discussion/614285/thread/d200563d/
>
> On Windows, it worked fine with LibreOffice, but not with OpenOffice.
>
> New features:
>
> 1.) It's now possible to add include paths in the config dialog.
>
> 2.) Ability to save the current code to a temporary LY file and open it in
> an external editor, e.g. Frescobaldi. The path to the executable can be
> customized in the config dialog. Another button re-imports code from the
> temporary file back to the editor window.
>
> 3.) LilyPond's svg backend still doesn't support lilypond-book-preamble.ly
> would be needed for auto-cropping.
> Any current attempt to use OLy with svg format must work without
> lilypond-book-preamble.ly, e.g. with the "Direct to Lilypond" template.
> Paper size must be found by trial-and-error. As line-width must be given
> anyway, only the paper height would have to be a guess, which is maybe not
> that bad.
> Also, text fonts seem to be replaced - don't know where and why. Is there
> already a discussion about that?
> That being said: I've added svg support, and on Windows 7 I had no
> problems with the graphics import.
>
> It would be cool if someone also could test it on Linux and report errors.
> I've added two templates to play with.
> Attempt.ly <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n199060/Attempt.ly>
>
> Attempt2.ly
> <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n199060/Attempt2.ly>
>
> Cheers,
> Klaus
>
> P.S.: I hope the attachments work, as I'm posting from nabble:
> http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/OOoLilyPond-tp185560p198768.html

I cannot get your version of the extension to show up at all in LibreOffice
5 in Windows 10. If I revert to an older "official" version of the OOo, it
shows up correctly in add-ons.

Not sure why but as of now nothing I can do will make your modified version
of OOoLilyPond show up in Windows LibreOffice.

Even from the extension manager, it shows a blank instance listed of
"OOoLilyPond" with no other information (which is normally would with older
version). Do you know what could cause this or how to fix?

*See attached images*

Older_Extension_(Works).png
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n199072/Older_Extension_%28Works%29.png>

Your_Extension.png