Re: Which Linux distro for Lilypond

From: Dr Nicholas Bailey
Subject: Re: Which Linux distro for Lilypond
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2017 10:36:02 +0000

Watch out for Debian. There isn't a Lilypond in Testing (Stretch) AFAIK. It's
because they've removed the old scheme version. I develop in Testing in the
hope that by the time I get around to releasing anything, it will be
compatible with Stable :) Stable released rather infrequently, but I use it on
our servers and it is very, well, *stable*.

It's easy to install the Stable lilypond debian package on a Testing Debian
box, fortunately. Debian is my favourite distro: I've tried others but always
returned. Shame about the scheme thing, but it will sort itself out sooner or
later (if it hasn't already!). I guess the clue's in the distribution name:
"Testing" ;)

Nick/.