Re: MultiMeasureRest symbol spacing

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: MultiMeasureRest symbol spacing
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2017 21:46:41 +0100

Hi David,

happy new year!
I do understand the concerns about this matter. Most instrumental parts shouldn't have this problem, as the measures will be spaced well. And in most cases spreaded church rests probably indicate bad spacing or line-breaking.

But still - in my opinion - an option to set a maximum distance would serve for cases I am facing right now, where long church rests are followed by one measure of cues which indicate the end of a recitative and display the last notes and words. You will not find such cues very often, but whenever I prepare parts like that I receive thanks from the musicians. In the attached image your patch prevents spreading the 6-measure-rest. Perhaps an optional maximum would be acceptable.

Best
Jan-Peter