Re: Hello everyone / Instrument-Name-Abbreviation on front of every syst

From: UCas
Subject: Re: Hello everyone / Instrument-Name-Abbreviation on front of every system
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2017 13:08:31 +0100

Hi,

sorry, I answered to both mails, but directly instead of addressing the
list.
Case closed, it worked for me.

Thank you. :-)

UCas

Am 01.01.2017 um 00:45 schrieb H. S. Teoh:
> On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 01:12:21AM +0100, UCas wrote:
> [...]
>> For scores with more than 3 or 4 instruments I would find it useful,
>> if I could put a short for the instrument-name in front of every line.
>> The first system has the instruments in front, but I do not find a way
>> to put an abbreviation of the names in front of every system across
>> the score.
>>
>> Is there a helpful snippet anywhere in the documentation? Any Idea?
> Does this help?
>
>       \new Staff = "piccStaff" {
>               \set Staff.instrumentName = "Piccolo"
>               \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = "Picc"
>
>               % ... music goes here
>       }
>

> --T

Uwe Caspari
Ackerstraße 12 | 66125 Dudweiler
06897 17 17 340
https://www.ucaslife.de

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: Hello everyone / Instrument-Name-Abbreviation on front of every system Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 01:41:18 +0100 User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/45.5.1
Hi again,

shame on me. You would not believe, how long I searched for this little
gem but somehow I did not find and also I did not see it until now in
the docpage you just posted.
I was always irritated not to find anything, for this felt not as an
unusual quest.
Exactly what I searched for, so, thank you. :-)

UCas

--
Uwe Caspari
Ackerstraße 12 | 66125 Dudweiler
06897 17 17 340
https://www.ucaslife.de

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: Hello everyone / Instrument-Name-Abbreviation on front of every system Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2017 13:04:57 +0100 User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/45.5.1
Hi,

yes, it does. Thank you! :-)
David mentioned the aequivalent Docupage earlier.