Re: New LilyPond website

From: Gerdau, Michael
Subject: Re: New LilyPond website
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 13:43:15 +0100 (CET)

Hi John,

welcome to the pond.

My first impression of your site is positive. I like the optical appearance.

However I share many concerns that already have been voiced:

- I usually surf w/o any scripting allowed. Thus I see nothing at all.
- After allowing scripts from your domain stuff starts to appear. IMO seeing
nothing at all w/o allowing scripts is a no go.
- I can't comment on the automatic translation as that would require me to allow
google to execute scripts.
- Others already voiced their preference for static pages.
- Others already commented on the (security) problems involved with Wordpress -
it is completely irrelevant how many sites out there use the same potentially
insecure technology.
- Others already voiced the requirement to integrate with the current (or a
future) build process.

Having said all of the above I wish to repeat that I like this first sketch of a
new lilypond website.

FWIW in my book it is irrelevant whether the current typical Wordpress design
will become unfashionable sooner or later. That very argument holds for each and
every design.

Kind regards,
Michael
--