Re: Ties over multiple chords

From: Mojca Miklavec
Subject: Re: Ties over multiple chords
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 09:52:39 +0100

Dear Simon,

On 11 November 2016 at 09:16, Simon Albrecht wrote:
> On 11.11.2016 08:59, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I don't know how to explain in proper terms what I want to achieve,
>> but I hope that it will be clear from the example below (I would be
>> grateful for a proper English term for this as well :).
>>
>> I wrote the same thing twice. The second alternative works, but looks
>> ugly to me. I would like to use the first alternative (which is a bit
>> of cheating), but ties don't work properly there, most likely lilypond
>> has problems interpreting where the tie should point to.
>>
>> Is there any better workaround?
>

> Hi Mojca,
>
>   \set tieWaitForNote = ##t
> does the trick.

Wonderful, thank you.

Is there some way to limit the scope of this command or is it best to simply use
    \set tieWaitForNote = ##f
once I no longer need it?

Not that I expect that I'll have to disable it as I usually don't
write ties unless I actually need them (except very rarely between
chords with less-than-perfect match), I would only like to know the
general principle (in TeX there is \begin ... \end :).

Thank you,
    Mojca