Adding a barline at the start of a new line

From: hbezemer
Subject: Adding a barline at the start of a new line
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2016 21:50:24 +0100

L.s.,

I want  LP to create a barline at the beginning of every new line, but so far I can't find the right way to do so.

I've tried \override Score.BarLine.break-visibility with several options but only the #all-invisible worked.

In this snippet I remove the key signature and clef, but want a barline in return at the beginning of bar 2.

\version "2.18.2"

\relative c' {

\override Staff.Clef.break-visibility = #all-invisible

\override Staff.KeySignature.break-visibility = #all-invisible

\key g \major

\clef treble

c1 | \break \bar "|"

c |

}

So the score will look like this:

| Clef Keysignature notes | more notes |

| notes | more notes ||

|| and so on | and so on |

Thanks in advance!

Hans Bezemer