Re: Can't get page breaks for 7 over square root of 71 meter

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Can't get page breaks for 7 over square root of 71 meter
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2016 06:53:36 +0100 (CET)

> A meter of 7/sqr(71) [...]
> The problem comes from Lilypond's bizarre assumption that at some
> point all the barlines in the score will line up.  [...]
>
> That's a) insane,

Mhmm.

> b) stupid,

Mhmm, mhmm.

> c) unmusical,

You are joking, aren't you?  Show me *any* piece that uses this –
except stuff constructed just to demonstrate a non-rationale meter.

> No matter where I place bar checks and page breaks, Lilypond
> absolutely posistively 100% utterly totally refuses to break the
> page.

This is probably a buglet, since noone had yet the idea of using a
non-rationale meter, so please provide a minimum example and mail it
to bug-lilypond.

    Werner