Re: compound time signature with non duple denominator

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: compound time signature with non duple denominator
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 23:03:02 +0100

On 28.10.2016 21:50, Noeck wrote:
Btw, having the new list syntax in mind I wondered whether this would
work in recent development versions:

\compoundMeter 4/4,1/3

But it does not the 4/4 translates to (4 . 4) and not (4 4).
\compoundMeter (4,4),(1,3) does not work either. Can this list syntax be
grouped somehow? I mean in a way that is nicer to write than the scheme
syntax, otherwise nothing is gained.

Such a feature is not yet implemented. And I don’t think there is any obvious way of extending the current syntax to allow such nested lists, since it doesn’t have any delimiters for start and end of the list except for the spaces. We certainly can’t do
\compoundMeter  4,4 , 1,3
since spaces are not supposed to make such a difference in LilyPond code.

Best, Simon