Tools suggestions and question

From: Menu Jacques
Subject: Tools suggestions and question
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2016 16:25:42 +0200

Hello folks,

A task I do rather often is to scan PDF files with PhotoScore Ultimate, export
to MusicXML and convert to LP with musicxml2ly.

Then I have to adapt what I get, among which tasks to shift the bar numbers by
a given amount for sections of code in case of pick ups or irregular bars.

My current tools illustrated below are simple bash scripts relying on awk.

—

address@hidden:~/Documents/LaTeX/PartitionsLilypond/TOOLS >
SubstractNFromLPEndOfLineBarNumbers -10
 \repeat volta 2 {
    \partial 8
    r16 e'16 | % 19
    e4 dis4 e4. r16 e,16 |
    \barNumberCheck #20
    a8. [ b16 c8. a16 ] b4.
    r16 b'16 | % 21
    e,4 fis4 g4. r16 b,16 | % 22
    c8 [ g8 d'8 d,8 ] g4 r4
    | % 23
    R1 \myBreak | % 24
    r2 r4 r8 r16 \f b16 | % 25
    e8. [ dis16 e8. fis16 ]
    g8. [ g,16 a8. b16 ] | % 26
    c2 b4.
  }

 \repeat volta 2 {
    \partial 8
    r16 e'16 | % 29
    e4 dis4 e4. r16 e,16 |
    \barNumberCheck # 30
    a8. [ b16 c8. a16 ] b4.
    r16 b'16 | % 31
    e,4 fis4 g4. r16 b,16 | % 32
    c8 [ g8 d'8 d,8 ] g4 r4
    | % 33
    R1 \myBreak | % 34
    r2 r4 r8 r16 \f b16 | % 35
    e8. [ dis16 e8. fis16 ]
    g8. [ g,16 a8. b16 ] | % 36
    c2 b4.
  }

address@hidden:~/Documents/LaTeX/PartitionsLilypond/TOOLS >

—

Typing empty lines at the end before an interactive end of file (Ctrl-d) helps
to copy and later paste the output.

Also, it’s handy when using a master voice to switch between skips and rests to
help fine tuning this voice by displaying its contents temporarily:

—

address@hidden:~/Documents/LaTeX/PartitionsLilypond/TOOLS > s2rInLilypondcode
Master = {
  \Global

  \key g \major

  \time 4/4

  \tempo \markup {\column {{\larger \bold "Sonata"} "Grave"}}
  \repeat unfold 2 { s1 }
  s1 \fermataMarkup
  \barNumberCheck 4
  \bar "||"

  \tempo "Allegro"
  \repeat unfold 2 { s1 }
  \myBreak
  \repeat unfold 6 { s1 }
  \myBreak
  \repeat unfold 6 { s1 }
  \barNumberCheck 18
  \bar "|. ??
}

Master = {
  \Global

  \key g \major

  \time 4/4

  \tempo \markup {\column {{\larger \bold "Sonata"} "Grave"}}
  \repeat unfold 2 { r1 }
  r1 \fermataMarkup
  \barNumberCheck 4
  \bar "||"

  \tempo "Allegro"
  \repeat unfold 2 { r1 }
  \myBreak
  \repeat unfold 6 { r1 }
  \myBreak
  \repeat unfold 6 { r1 }
  \barNumberCheck 18
  \bar "|. »
}

address@hidden:~/Documents/LaTeX/PartitionsLilypond/TOOLS >

—

Hence my question: is there an interest for such tools among LP users, and if
so, what is the best way to make such functionality to everyone? I guess
Frescobaldi tools would be one of these ways.

Thanks for your patience reading this long mail!

JM