Re: getting repeat bar lines to print across an entire system

From: Robert Edge
Subject: Re: getting repeat bar lines to print across an entire system
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 16:45:53 -0400

So I'd say this part of the code is not broken but works as it should,
it's just not like you'd expect it should be.

I'm not sure where you are seeing charts drawn like that.

I'm used to seeing this: http://www.saxuet.qc.ca/TheSaxyPage/Realbook%20C/Four.jpg

or this: http://www.ejazzlines.com/mc_files/2/paladia.gif

or this: http://www.jwpepper.com/scores-png/2240034-4.png

That's just the first 3 examples of that sort of bracket that google image search gave me.  I don't think I've ever encountered the convention Lilypond has adopted in the real world.

I get that the code base has evolved in such a way that implementing this might be non-trivial.  I don't think it follows from that that the current implementation is correct.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe there are a whole bunch of people out there preparing charts for their upcoming sessions and expecting the bar lines to come out looking like that.