Re: Problem coloring Ambitus ledger-lines

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Problem coloring Ambitus ledger-lines
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 10:01:01 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 10:33 AM, Patrick Karl-3 [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
When I use this technique in the following snippet:

> \version "2.19.38"
>
> S =  \relative g' {
>     \key g\major
>     \once \override Staff.LedgerLineSpanner.color = #red
>     \grace s128 \stopStaff \startStaff
>     c4 e c' c % 1
> }
>
> PRh =  \relative c'' {
>     \key g\major
>      \grace s128
>      g4 g g g    % 1
> }
>
> \score {  <<
>     \new StaffGroup  <<
>             \new Staff \with { \consists Ambitus_engraver }  \S
>     >>
>     \new PianoStaff  <<
>         \set PianoStaff.instrumentName = #"Piano"
>         \new Staff \PRh
>     >>
>   >>
>     \layout {}
> }

I get the attached output, which is lovely in all respects but one: the
PianoStaff instrument name is missing.  The only way I have found to
remedy this problem is to remove both lines containing "\grace s128",
but, of course, then all of the ledger lines are colored red, not just
those in the ambitus.

How to fix?

Move the instrumentName definition to a \with block, like:

\new PianoStaff \with {
        instrumentName = #"Piano"
} <<
    \new Staff \PRh