Re: Generating cropped PDFs

From: Paul
Subject: Re: Generating cropped PDFs
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 08:58:34 -0400

On 07/12/2016 07:07 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
I would occasionally like to create cropped PDFs (either entirely
cropped or with some reasonable/configurable margin) without having to
guess the size of the paper for each snippet.

In 2.19.x there's now one-line-auto-height page breaking:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/page-breaking#one_002dline_002dauto_002dheight-page-breaking

Which would do what you want if your snippets fit on one line.

I also created a one-page-auto-height patch for multiple-line snippets (where you set the page width and the page height is automatically calculated, fitting everything on one page, perhaps a very tall page). It worked and made it through the usual code review and testing but then when it was committed to the staging branch it did not pass the tests there for some mysterious reason. (Maybe it was due to different versions of gcc?) I haven't had time to work on it further (and I'm not really sure what to do next even if I did).

-Paul