Re: GSoC update; Q's about final/draft modes, and triggering footnotes

From: Jeffery Shivers
Subject: Re: GSoC update; Q's about final/draft modes, and triggering footnotes
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 19:45:11 -0400

Absolutely - in fact, using the presence of offset to indicate *I'm a footnote* was just a practical solution since I am sure some projects won't *always* want annotations to become footnotes, and with this check  wouldn't need to specify explicitly *when* and *when not*.

However, maybe it would be best to go ahead and use a global boolean ((true) annotations always footnotes (regardless of offset), or (false) only when set in each context-mod to true (which could still be taken from offset's presence to avoid an additional/separate indication - at least while automatically-placed offsets don't exist). That may be the more appropriate way to handle it.

Hmm, intelligent/automatic footnote offsets - that sure would be nice.