Re: Multiple slurs between chords

From: Joel C. Salomon
Subject: Re: Multiple slurs between chords
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 16:12:38 -0400

An hour ago, I wrote:
> (In the [attached] larger file, I was able to put an explicit \oneVoice
> overriding \voiceTwo and imitate the printed version, but this only
> worked for the upper staff, and not in my excerpt.)
>
> Can anyone suggest the correct way forward?

I figured something out; whether it’s the Right Thing to Do™ or an awful
kluge I leave for others to judge:

I split the chord between voices, but included an explicit \voiceOne or
\voiceTwo override to get the stem directions the same.

    \version "2.19"
    \language "english"

    upperOne = \relative c' {
        \voiceOne
        e4.(                    d4)             %…
        \oneVoice                               r8      |

        \voiceOne
        % file continues
    }

    upperTwo = \relative c' {
        \voiceOne
        cs4._(                   d4)             s8      |

        \voiceTwo
        % file continues
    }

    lowerOne = \relative c' {
        \voiceTwo
        g4.^(                   fs4)            %…
        \oneVoice                               r8       |

        \voiceOne
        % file continues
    }

    lowerTwo = \relative c' {
        \voiceTwo
        a,4.(                   d4)             s8      |

        \voiceTwo
        % file continues
    }

    \score {
        \new PianoStaff <<
                \new Staff = "upper" <<
                        \clef treble    \key d \major   \time 6/8
                        \upperOne
                        \new Voice \upperTwo

                \new Staff = "lower" <<
                        \clef bass      \key d \major   \time 6/8
                        \lowerOne
                        \new Voice \lowerTwo

        \layout {}
        \midi {}