PDF author metadata

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: PDF author metadata
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 07:54:43 +0200

Hi all

I'd like to edit this page of the documentation:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/creating-pdf-metadata.html

to add what I learned here:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2016-07/msg00008.html

I have another question on this subject.
Who should be in your opinion the author of a LilyPond score PDF? The composer or the typesetter?
Of course the answer depends on the use case.
In my opinion having the composer (or arranger) as author is more useful, because you can filter the scores in your hard disk by author metadata if you use a document management software (such as Gnome Documents in Linux).

Do you think that it's worth adding a paragraph about it in the documentation? i.e. recomend using pdfauthor along with composer in the \header block.

The advantage of an application such as Gnome Documents is that you can quickly access a PDF score without having to browse through folders in the file manager.