Re: space the width of key signature

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: space the width of key signature
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2016 20:34:04 -0500

On Sat, Jul 2, 2016 at 8:10 PM, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think your method is sound.  Besides the fact that it works, I
> believe that items that respond to break-visibility are treated in a
> similar manner.  I could be wrong -- and please correct me if I am --
> but multiple copies of such things as Clef are made and then thrown
> away when not needed
>
> David

Yes, Clef grobs are created at every barline and suicided later.

(The snippet

{
  c1 c c c
}

creates *5* clefs.  I simply added a printf to
Clef_engraver::create_clef to verify this.)

There is just no way to know where line breaks will be when grobs are
created, so your method is probably the only one feasible.  As
wasteful as it seems, it is the way things are done with breakable
items.

So, kudos!

David