Re: Create custom Staff type

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Create custom Staff type
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2016 10:39:54 -0700 (MST)

Dimitris,

On Saturday, July 2, 2016, dtsmarin [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you, but this is not what I'm looking for.
I want a special type of "Engraver_group" like Staff, GrandStaff etc.
e.g.
scoreAViolaPart = \new GrandStaff \with {  \clef "alto"
} << \set GrandStaff.systemStartDelimiter = #'SystemStartSquare
  \new Staff = "A" << \global \scoreAViolaAI \\ \scoreAViolaAII >>
  \new HiddenStaff = "B" <<  \global \scoreAViolaBI \\ \scoreAViolaBII >>

This way, the command \RemoveEmptyStaves will only affect the HiddenStaff staves, that will have by default this command enabled.

I hope this makes sense.

Maybe all you need is :

\new Staff \with { \RemoveAllEmptyStaves } {...}

Best,
Abraham