Re: GSoC update; Q's about final/draft modes, and triggering footnotes

From: Graham King
Subject: Re: GSoC update; Q's about final/draft modes, and triggering footnotes
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 09:44:21 +0100

On Mon, 2016-06-27 at 19:50 -0400, Jeffery Shivers wrote:
> Hi fellow LP users,
>
> Firstly, thanks to Urs for all his guidance in the project so far. The
> LaTeX package for scholarLY is inching forward still, and hopefully I
> will share an initial version after a few more kinks have been worked
> out with a couple of the features. I'll have more substantial details
> soon, and ideally all will be wrapped in some sort of early
> documentation along with the package and example docs.
<snip>

Jeffery,
thanks for your work on scholarLY.

Please don't be discouraged by sparse feedback from the list: there are
certainly some of us who are keen to use scholarLY but who do not know
LaTeX, or are unwilling to wrap our existing lilypond scores in it.
Both lilypond and LaTeX have steep learning curves, and not everyone is
willing to tackle both of them.  Speaking for myself, I have used
\criticalRemark, but until it can produce lilypond/score footnotes it is
little more than an elaborate comment in the source code.  Once it can
produce such footnotes, we'll be able to use it to greater effect, your
user base will grow, we'll be in a position to understand some of the
choices you are offering, and you'll get better feedback.

Looking forward to v1.0.

-- Graham