Re: Flute Accompaniment

From: Nathan Ho
Subject: Re: Flute Accompaniment
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 11:23:24 -0700

On 2016-06-26 11:14, Br. Gabriel-Marie | SSPX wrote:
In my piece I have a piano staff with the music on the bottom staff.
In the upper staff it is supposed to be notes for recorder or flute
accompaniment.  In the original the flute notes and its staff are all
a bit smaller in size.  What do you call those smaller notes?  I want
to make the entire top staff + the notes just smaller so it is obvious
to the singers not to try and sing the accompaniment.  How do I do
that?

Hello,

Try adding the following \with block to your Staff:

\new Staff \with {
  fontSize = #-3
  \override StaffSymbol.staff-space = #(magstep -3)
  \override StaffSymbol.thickness = #(magstep -3)
} {
   % Music follows here
}

it's been a while since I used LilyPond so this knowledge might be a bit out of date... I think in the development version there's a new way to do this.

Nathan