Re: Cues recursion

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Cues recursion
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2016 20:53:25 -0500

On Mon 20 Jun 2016 at 00:40:08 (+0200), address@hidden wrote:
> I’m preparing parts for a quite complex score, and I’m using the ‘’\add
> quote” command for cues.

Why aren't you using cues rather than quotes?

> Everything is fine until I have to quote a part that contains a cue of the
> same one.
> For example, cues for the first violin are extracted from the second violin
> that in turn has cues of the first.
>
> Lilypond enters in a sort of freezing and then return a 'malloc error’.
>
> That makes sense to me: I figure out that it recalls an endless recursion.
> I tried to use \killCues (\addQuote “FirstViolinCue" { \killCues
> \FirstViolin}) bur it doesn’t work.

killCues kills cues, not quotes.

Cues are notes written in a part that aren't played by that part.
Quotes are notes written in a part that are played by that part.
So killing quotes would leave a part incomplete.
Killing cues leaves just the notes which actually belong to the part.

Cheers,
David.