Re: Staff \denies

From: Kyle Shaw
Subject: Re: Staff \denies
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 16:41:08 -0500

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 4:31 PM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My sincerest apologies for this oversight. This version of the code seems to
> implement a Vaticana Staff, but the basic problem remains the same:
>

> \version "2.19.42"
>
> cue = \relative c' { g'4 a b d }
>
> \score{
>
> \new Staff \relative c' {
>
> c4 d e f \new CueVoice {\set instrumentCueName = "Cue"}
>
> \cueDuring "cue" #UP {g1}
>
> }
>
> \layout {
>
> \context { \Staff \denies "CueVoice" }
>
> }
>
> }

This returns:

warning: cannot find quoted music: `"cue"'

\cueDuring "cue" #UP {g1}

So still not sure what you have done/want to do...

Cheers,
  Harm

​Boy, this is not my day. Here is updated code:

\version "2.19.42"

cue = \relative c' { s1 g'4 a b d }

\addQuote "cue" {\cue}

\score{

\new Staff \relative c' { c4 d e f \new CueVoice {\set instrumentCueName = "Cue"}

\cueDuring "cue" #UP {g1}

}

\layout {

\context { \Staff \denies "CueVoice" }

It'd be great to find a way to get Lilypond to disregard CueVoices altogether -- rather than searching for a context which accepts CueVoices given that Staff denies it. That way, the full orchestral score for the conductor will not have cues printed in it, but the part scores for individual players ​will have cues.

​Thanks,​