Re: Ties across different voices?

From: Joshua Nichols
Subject: Re: Ties across different voices?
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 17:22:51 -0400

​>​
From: Andrew Bernard <address@hidden>
​>​
To: lilypond-user <lilypondaddress@hidden>
​>​
​>​
      <CAK5QfnX8=XoOr=ze9LiteXCE3-ja=address@hidden>
​>​

Hi Josh,
​>​

Essentially, lilypond does not do ties or slurs across voices. [As an
​>​
aside, this is a source of frustration for all [to be precise, it drives me
​>​
nuts! :-)], and some wonderful news is that we have a Google Summer of Code
​>​
scholar working on this very topic.]

​I see your work around, and it works, but the general principle is still a problem: If I want to move from one voice (perhaps with quarter notes or half notes) and then move into different voices, it can't be done at this point with LilyPond.

My example, though effective, could be interchanged with quarter note ties or half note ties.

I look forward to the google summer of code.​