Re: OT: chord naming question

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: OT: chord naming question
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 14:28:21 +0200

Am 27.05.2016 um 12:52 schrieb Thomas Morley:
[...]

Hi Harm,

Hi Marc,

is it an excerpt of an already printed piece (looks vaguely familiar
to me)?

No – it is a piece of mine, written some years ago for a (progressive)
rock band. I want to re-use the chords and melody for a musical project.

Without further context I've no idea how to name it, could you
provide some more?

Well, the intro and parts of the verse consist of this chord and the
same voicing lowered a whole tone (IIRC, the inspiration came from
"Nica's dream" – a jazz tune by Horace Silver, with Bbmmaj7/Abmmaj7 at
the very beginning).

The melody fits nicely into c-sharp phrygian, but I assume that this
does not help very much for the chord naming problem here.

Cheers,

Marc

Cheers, Harm