Re: \keepWithTag #'A {\keepWithTag #'B \music}

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: \keepWithTag #'A {\keepWithTag #'B \music}
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 11:14:38 -0500

On Mon 09 May 2016 at 14:28:41 (+0200), Gianmaria Lari wrote:
> David Wright wrote:
>
> > [...] use tag groups.
>
> (1) Thank you David, I didn't see this command (tagGroup)
> (2) Very useful and interesting 'command'. If you use tags this is an
> almost mandatory command!
> (3) It works extremely well! I have been able to write the code as I wanted.
>
> Is there any way I can contribute to the manual? I think it would be
> nice having more examples regarding this command.
>
> > BTW what does markup do to the midi output that you don't like?
>
> I'm sorry I don't understand your question.

I had wondered whether writing such things as "M" in the score would
make the midi sound bad, but T (H. S. Teoh) effectively answered that
question with some of his/her own examples.

Perhaps one of the reasons I haven't used tags is because I don't use
midi output the way you both may do. For me, the midi output is great
for proof reading (my main use), and I have occasionally sent midi
files to singers to help them learn a piece. Trills, tremolos,
dynamics, partcombines and transitory voices are not relevant in
these contexts.

Cheers,
David.