Re: London-Heathrow

From: Chris Yate
Subject: Re: London-Heathrow
Date: Wed, 04 May 2016 19:58:35 +0000

On Wed, 4 May 2016 at 19:35 Wols Lists <address@hidden> wrote:

And leaves you in Paddington? Okay, there's still a lot in the area, but
it's not exactly the most touristic bit there. I don't know that area
that well, you've got, what, Little Venice, Regent's Park, Madame Tussauds?

No, well I could recommend a good pub near Paddington
http://www.mitrelancastergate.com/ -- but in general it's not that great an area. Quite a few dodgy massage parlours, if that's your thing :-/

So if you do plan to use the tube, there's a general rule of thumb for how long it takes:
- Allow ten minutes for your journey
- PLUS two minutes for each stop the train makes between the start and finish of your travel
- PLUS five minutes every time you need to change trains

I also doubt check-in will take 2hrs but Heathrow is a big airport so of course you need to leave enough time to get to your gate, even if the customs/security queue is quick.

Chris