Re: Slurs collision with note heads

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Slurs collision with note heads
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 16:23:33 +0000

HI

On 5/4/16 9:25 AM, "N.S." <address@hidden> wrote:

>Hello!
>
>I'm not very experienced user of lilypond and I would like to ask you for
>help. In this example I have a rather ugly slurs collision with noteheads:

Nikita,

The objects that are colliding with the note heads are ties, not slurs.
This is important to future use.

For this particular case, just make the lower tie point down, by moving
the tie request inside the chord brackets.

\version "2.19.40"

\new Staff {
\clef bass
\time 3/4
<< { as4 g f | g as b | as g2 } \\ { <d_~ c'^~>2. <d_~ c'^~> <d c'> } >> }

There's still a collision between the tie and a couple of stems in the
upper voice, but I think it solves the worst of the collisions.

Good luck in learning LilyPond!

Carl