Re: How can I create from my custom drum note to a pitch? (for fransposi

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: How can I create from my custom drum note to a pitch? (for fransposing)
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 20:33:46 +0200

> How can I create from my custom drum note to a pitch?
>
> Or, strongly related, how can I transpose from a custom drum note to a
> standard piano note (pitch)?

I've no idea what you're talking about.
Drum notes don't have pitches. Ergo, they can't be transposed. The
pitches in midiDrumPitches are somehow creating a midi, but I've no
clue about how it is done either.

You can access those pitches as mapped in midiDrumPitches and put them
into a normal Staff.
The result is crazy to say the least:

drms = \drummode { hh bd }

\new DrumStaff \drms

\new Staff {
  \clef bass
  $(music-clone
    drms
    'elements
    (begin
      (for-each
        (lambda (n)
          (ly:music-set-property! n 'pitch
            (assoc-get (ly:music-property n 'drum-type) midiDrumPitches '()))
          (ly:music-set-property! n 'drum-type '()))
      (extract-named-music drms 'NoteEvent))
      (extract-named-music drms 'NoteEvent)))
}

What do you really want?