Re: How do we specify the midi instrument sine wave in Lilypond

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: How do we specify the midi instrument sine wave in Lilypond
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 11:56:45 +0200

Lilypond supports the 128 instruments that are specified by the General Midi version 1 ( GM1) standard. Sinewave is not included in that list. But use for example "flute" as instrument in your Lilypond source, and then let your soundsource replace the corresponding programchange number with a sinewave. P.S. I have always wanted to be able to select Midi Programs by number instead of by name in Lilypond. Not every soundsource (softsynth, soundfont, hardware synth) has sounds organized as GM standard instruments.