Re: Tweaking individual ties in a chord

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Tweaking individual ties in a chord
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 12:19:16 +0200

> Can you tweak individual ties in a chord (despite that the NR says that this
> is a known issue)? I am always hopeful there are solutions.
>
> The 2.19.38 NR says in Section 5.3.4:
>

> When several similar items are placed at the same musical moment, the
> \override command cannot be used to modify just one of them – this is where
> the \tweak command must be used. Items which may appear more than once at
> the same musical moment include the following:
>
>     note heads of notes inside a chord
>     articulation signs on a single note
>     ties between notes in a chord
>     tuplet brackets starting at the same time
>

> This gives the impression that ties in a chord can be tweaked. Is this
> simply incorrect?
>
> Andrew
>
> — snip
>
> \version "2.19.38"
>
> {
>   <g' _~ b' ^~ d'' ^~>4  <g' b' d''>
>
>  % tweaks all the ties not just the first
>   <g'-\tweak Tie.details.height-limit #4 ~ b' ^~ d'' ^~>4  <g' b' d''>
> }
>

> — snip

Hi Andrew,

there's shapeTieColumn already, see:
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Shape-of-individual-ties-in-chords-td158120.html#a158343
http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg47432/shape-tie-columns.ly
https://github.com/openlilylib/openlilylib/tree/master/notation-snippets/shaping-bezier-curves/shape-tie-column

But there is an issue with 'control-points in a TieColumn:
I don't know the current state of it, but there is a workaround.

Though, you asked about Tie.details.height-limit, let me have a closer look...

Cheers,
  Harm