Adding acoustic guitar (steel) to MIDI

From: David Landt
Subject: Adding acoustic guitar (steel) to MIDI
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 15:31:22 -0700 (MST)

David Kastrup wrote
> ChordName or FretBoard context?

Yes, I used ChordNames context.  Attached is my code. HereComestheSun.ly
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n188581/HereComestheSun.ly>

It seems that the grand piano on channel 1 was created because of using
ChordNames.  The piano sound followed the chord (chord name) progression
even though I was using the chord names strictly for hand positioning
reference.  I simply shut off channel 1 on the MIDI equalizer that appears
when you enable it by using Configure VirtualMIDISynth, a program that
should have been created when setting up that synthesizer at the time of
installation.  Once that is enabled, you add the synthesizer to Frescobaldi
by going to Edit> Preferences> MIDI Settings and going to drop down menu in
MIDI Input box.  When you playback MIDI, the equalizer should appear.

There may be other ways to disable the grand piano sound if using
ChordNames.  I am a brand new, but I already like LilyPond, Frescobaldi, and
this forum.

-----
David Landt