Re: Voices and Edition Engraver

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Voices and Edition Engraver
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 16:01:52 -0500

Hi,

> I'm trying to use the Edition Engraver for the first time. In the (smallish)
> example below, see how in the current method that I use of splitting and
> joining voices, the Ed.Engr. seems to be confused about when the voice starts,
> and thus, I'm unable to modify the slur in \voiceTwo.

This is a limitation of the current Edition Engraver. If there are no similar
grobs in the score at the same moment, you can simply push the mod to an
enclosing context (e.g., Staff or Score), but when you’ve got multiple similar
grobs — like in your example — I know of no workaround; you simply have to put
the tweak in the content.

There have been discussions of improving [or even rewriting] the EE to accept
explicit context ids, which would solve your problem. But for now, I believe
what you want to do can’t be done.

Sorry,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer