Re: Put text spanner below the staff?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Put text spanner below the staff?
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2016 10:52:53 +0100

Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi David,
>
> The following use of ‘_’ to place the text spanner down has no
> effect. What is incorrect here? You are saying using ‘_’ and ‘^’
> affect text spanners, are you not?
>
> Andrew
>
> — snip
>
> \version "2.19.37"
>
> {
>   \override TextSpanner.bound-details.left.text = "left"
>   \override TextSpanner.bound-details.right.text = "right"
>
>   c''4_\startTextSpan c'' c'' c''
>   c''1 \stopTextSpan
> }

That example is almost correct, apart from the \version line.  It needs
to be at least 2.19.38.

Assuming that this version will already contain the patch

Current branch: issue4785
Tracker issue: 4785 (https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/4785/)
Rietveld issue: 293730043 (https://codereview.appspot.com/293730043)
Issue description:
  Let TextSpanner inherit any direction set in event  Something like
  c_\startTextSpan should create a TextSpanner below the system.

In other words: this should have worked but didn't.  Without a testable
example in all of the thread, I was not going to bother with checking.
Now that I've been able to check, I've created a fix.

--
David Kastrup