Re: Questions - Modern Chant Notation

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Questions - Modern Chant Notation
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 23:39:00 -0000

Hi Karen

Disabling timing means LP has no notion of where barlines occur, so you do need to indicate these with \bar "".  These then are places where line breaks are permitted.  But you might find it better to force line breaks where you want them by adding \break as well.

Add
    ragged-last = ##f
to the \layout block to force the last line to spread out fully.

As a general point it is usually best not to squash so much on a line that the syllable lengths start to control the spacing.  I'd set this on four lines with
    \bar "" \break
inserted after the notes corresponding to the last syllables of
    "dul -- cé -- do",
    "He -- væ." and
    "cle -- mens."
Trevor