Re: Text-spanner text repeated at start of line

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Text-spanner text repeated at start of line
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 20:25:15 +0100

> Regarding
> \override TextSpanner.bound-details.left-broken.text = ##f
>
> In section 3.1.122 of the internals reference, I see 'left.broken' as an
> item in the 'bound-details' list but with no indication of what it does,
> nor that 'left-broken.text' is possible and the values that could take.
> How could I have found this out from the documentation?

Hi David,

well, we have
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/spanners#using-the-line_002dspanner_002dinterface

Could you suggest on the bug-list something to improve it?
I'm a non-native speaker ...

In general, the bound-details-property is a list of lists. With
possible settings for (pseudo-code)
'(
  (left <settings-1>)
  (left-broken <settings-2>)
  (right <settings-3>)
  (right-broken <settings-4>)
)
I think, possible key-value-settings are explained quite well in the
above linked doc.

Of course it's possible but quite tedious to always enter the whole
list. Therefore, we have the dotted-list syntax for nested properties,
which modifies a single entry in the (default-)list, like`
bound-details.left-broken.text'

Btw, there was a problem with reverting overrides for bound-details.
David Kastrup fixed it some time ago.

HTH,
  Harm