Re: Trying to displace note heads from stem

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Trying to displace note heads from stem
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 18:33:30 +1100

Use X-offset for the stems.

For example:

  \once \override Stem.X-offset = #n

where n is positive or negative.

Andrew

On 25 Oct 2015, at 17:48, Ryan Michael <address@hidden> wrote:

I know there are ways in lilypond to not display the stem. I would
like to do something slightly different, which is to position the note head
associated with a stem at varying distances away from the stem to denote a relative rhythmic placement which can be seen in Xenakis' Mists https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH4j70KU-RQ at 3:42 so you can see what I am trying to achieve.