Re: Selected pieces in a book

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Selected pieces in a book
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 20:36:58 +0200

Il giorno sab 10 ott 2015 alle 19:41, Pierre Perol-Schneider <address@hidden> ha scritto:
I'm trying to automagically select pieces within a library.
My first intention was to use 'tags' but it does not seem to work a that level. So here's the idea: let say I include a full library in one file and I want to get a book with some pre-selected pieces only, e.g.:

Interesting question.
Instead of "polluting" the lilypond sources with \tag(s), I'd rather set a custom field (level) in the \header block and write a script which parses the header and process the files accordingly.

I wonder if something like this already exists somewhere..

It would be flexible and useful in several situations. For example, I'm writing an anthology of a guitar player and I need to order the pieces somehow. Currently I'm using a master file which includes each piece, so the order is defined "statically": first by tuning, then alphabetically. If one day I change my mind about the ordering criteria, I'll have to move the include(s) within the master file. OTOH a script would create the final book(s) dinamically as I wish.