Re: How write cross-staff slur (in combination with lyrics)

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: How write cross-staff slur (in combination with lyrics)
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 16:17:06 -0500

Quoting Simon Albrecht (address@hidden):
> On 06.10.2015 06:40, David Wright wrote:
> >However, I just wanted to observe two things about the OP's
> >original: the words are much smaller, and the first three bars
> >look as though they are using proportional spacing.
>
> No, they don’t. Proportional spacing is a very specific means for
> complicated situations in mostly ‘modern’ music, and what the
> example shows is just unnecessary loose spacing, less proficient by
> far than LilyPond’s solution.

Forgive me if I gave the impression that I was criticising anybody
or anything. It wasn't a technical comment; I was just making a
light-hearted observation regarding the roughly crochet-sized gaps
after the minims in the original photograph, which might be mimicked
by dropping in a line like
\set Score.proportionalNotationDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1 8)
No more than that.

Cheers,
David.