Tie doesn't show

From: S
Subject: Tie doesn't show
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 19:34:24 +0200

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to Lilypond and I'm copying a couple of existing scores to get a hang of the language. I've been able to solve most problems thanks to the excellent documentation, but for this particular problem I could really use some help:

What I basically want to do is tie a fes in one bar, to an e in the next bar. From what I understand this isn't possible in the version I use (2.18.2), so I changed the fes to an e in the first bar. However, using the ~ doesn't result in a tie and I get a warning (unterminated tie) instead.

Here's the code I'm using:

 <<{e e as as}\\{f,2 f}>> | %11

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,