Re: [Mei2ly-application] Re: Defining basic requirements, overview of ex

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: [Mei2ly-application] Re: Defining basic requirements, overview of existing efforts
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 15:35:03 -0500

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 2:28 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
>>> I’m currently working on a solution for Schenker graphs,
>>> and the “one-slur-per-voice” limitation is killing me.
>>
>> There is no such limitation.  Just use \tweak to give each of your slurs
>> a unique spanner-id setting.  That's used, for example, for allowing
>> \appoggiatura slurs in parallel with normal slurs.  Version 2.15.5,
>> issues 75 and 1256.
>
> Amazing! Can’t wait to use this.
> I’m assuming it’s the same with everything -spanner (e.g., TextSpanner)?

That would have been the long-term idea.  At the current moment, it is
only implemented for slurs and phrasing slurs I think.

Here's an alternate engraver for TextSpanner which works with spanner-id.

One problem I encounter is preserving the proper order over line breaks.  (Uncomment the \break to see what I mean.)

HTH,
David