Re: PDF Links in Windows

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: PDF Links in Windows
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 00:56:30 +0200

>>> http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/usage/point-and-click
>>> ff
>>>
>> As I said, the current documentation only includes setup instructions for
>> Using Xpdf
>> Using GNOME 2
>> Using GNOME 3

It sounds to me like you were almost there but need to configure EDITOR
in a manner where some editor is started that you want to use and that
supports jumping to a certain line from the command line.

> Having had a look at that page right now I think this would absolutely
> deserve some care. Not only is the selection of described
> programs/environments very limited, but also the style of explanation
> is probably not very helpful for non-programmers.

Well, getting the GNOME information together took days of
experimentation and exasperated communication with the GNOME mailing
list.  It felt like a miracle to finally get all the pieces in place.
Having achieved a miracle, it probably did not even occur to me to turn
this into a friendly fool-proof miracle.  Sort of like "Moses, that's
great but I can't quite reach that codfish over there.  Can you part the
sea just a bit wider?"  So it's probably a good idea when someone else
who is not in absolute awe of what is already there gives this a bit of
a workover.

--
David Kastrup