Re: on-page procedure

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: on-page procedure
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 10:17:22 +0200

Paul Scott <address@hidden> writes:

> 2.19.27
>
> I can get other procedures to work in \on-the-fly but not
> on-page.  The NR suggests:
>
> \on-the-fly (on-page nmbr) ...

Not really.  It would more or less suggest

    \on-the-fly \(on-page-nmbr)

which is non-sensical of course.

> I have tried an integer for nmbr as well as an integer
> preceded by # .

Try \on-the-fly #(on-page-nmbr 4) ...

It should work in most contexts.  There may be some circumstances where
it doesn't which was the point of the manual preferring \xxx over #xxx
for the non-parametric conditions.  But with a parameter, \xxx clearly
doesn't work.

<URL:http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/input/regression/collated-files.html#page-headers-and-footers.ly>

--
David Kastrup