syntactic equivalent for if __name__ == '__main__' in lilypond

From: Mike Solomon
Subject: syntactic equivalent for if __name__ == '__main__' in lilypond
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 08:31:12 +0300

Hey all,

I’m developing a score where I’m including a lot of smaller .ily files into a
bigger one and I often want to compile these .ily files by themselves.
Currently, I’m following the pattern of creating a new .ly file for the
individual compilation, but that results in jostling between files and
sometimes I get lost in the workflow.  Is there a pattern à la python
equivalent to something like.

%% foo.ily

foo = \relative c’ {
  a4 b c d