Re: lilypond teaching material

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: lilypond teaching material
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 15:56:54 +1000

Hi Gilles,

It’s in the line of what is called a ‘Hello World’ program in computing. It’s
the bare minimum that compiles and runs and outputs something absolutely
minimal, and establishes that all your machinery is up and running and that you
can go on from there. In this respect, it’s a perfectly good example, and
useful for people starting. You have to start somewhere, and presenting a
complete lilypond score skeleton with all its complexities can come later.

Andrew